Facility Manager – Bitter Ridge
Scout Clean Energy is a leading US renewable energy developer, owner and operator headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Scout is developing a MW portfolio of over 3,000 MW of wind, solar and energy storage projects across 11 US states. Scout is an owner-operator with expertise in all aspects of renewable power project development, permitting, power marketing, finance, construction and asset management. Scout is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.
Scout is made up of wind energy industry veterans who are making a difference in our world. Our team’s work ethic is second to none. We identify problems, create solutions, and deliver them professionally to our customers, stakeholders, partners and one another. We do the right thing when no one is looking because we are committed to our collective success and because we believe that our uncompromising integrity is key to the collaborative relationships that drive our business.
Asset management spans a wide range of activities all directed toward the same goal: maximizing the profitability of the assets. Excellence in asset management enables us to deliver on our commitments to our partners at the same time. The Facility Manager is integral to helping achieve this goal.
The Facility Manager will oversee all aspects of operations and maintenance at Scout’s Bitter Ridge wind generating facility, including turbines, high voltage substation equipment, collection systems, and balance-of-plant activities.
This position will report to the Director of Plant Operations. It is anticipated that the start date for this role will be in mid-July 2020.
- Deliver optimal performance of the on-site assets while ensuring compliance and safety:
- Design, execute, and improve programs, procedures, and policies to achieve key performance metrics, including safety, profitability, and efficiency.
- Develop and oversee facility schedules.
- Work with the Director of Plant Operations to establish facility operating budget and budget forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of relevant federal, state, and local regulations, including environmental, NERC/FERC, and local laws and requirements.
- Serve as our front-line relationship manager with project stakeholders, including landowners, local governments, utilities, contractors, and regulators:
- Manage contractor performance on contracts and warranties.
- Ensure the safety of all on-site personnel.
- Engage with the Scout team:
- Proactively update the Asset Management team on key issues, approaches to addressing, and progress toward resolution.
- Share proven practices with peers at other facilities.
- Contribute to special projects upon request.
- Associates Degree or Certification in a relevant field or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind energy facility.
- Minimum of three years of experience supervising direct reports and contractors.
- Exceptional quantitative analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred: Proficiency with compliance, substation, and high voltage equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300' wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
- Occasional travel required.
Characteristics of Successful Scout Team Members
- Ethical professional who does the right thing even when it is difficult.
- Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Perpetual learner with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared team goals.
|Job Type: Full-time
||Required Education: Associates Degree or equivalent experience
|Job Location: Jay County, Indiana
||Required Experience: Wind Energy industry
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information: http://www.scoutcleanenergy.com/