Director – New Projects Group
Scout Clean Energy is a leading US renewable energy developer, owner and operator headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Scout is developing a MW portfolio of over 3,000 MW of wind, solar and energy storage projects across 11 US states. Scout is an owner-operator with expertise in all aspects of renewable power project development, permitting, power marketing, finance, construction and asset management. Scout is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.
Scout is made up of wind energy industry veterans who are making a difference in our world. Our team’s work ethic is second to none. We identify problems, create solutions, and deliver them professionally to our customers, stakeholders, partners and one another. We do the right thing when no one is looking because we are committed to our collective success and because we believe that our uncompromising integrity is key to the collaborative relationships that drive our business.
Position Summary Description
As the Director of New Projects, you will lead a team of developers who are driving the creation of Scout’s U.S.-based wind and solar projects with a focus on early-stage projects. You will guide the team that is assessing project concept viability, establishing strategic land control, coordinating applications for interconnection, and facilitating desktop environmental, permitting, and transmission reviews. You will be responsible for your team’s delivery of high-quality and profitable projects that meet all project milestones.
You will contribute to setting our team’s strategic direction and then lead your team’s execution of the resulting plan. You will mentor staff who serve as the face of our projects, both externally and internally. Externally, you will support the team’s development of relationships with landowners, community members, regulators, and local government officials to gain project support:
- Providing guidance as your team leads discussions with landowners, negotiates site control agreements and secures planning / use permit approvals.
- Standardize coordination of various studies and management of outside consultants to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ensuring effective communication with stakeholders, including federal, state and local officials, project landowners, and surrounding community members.
- Shape your team’s positioning for and approach to complex negotiations and independent creation of solutions to project-specific challenges.
- Make sound decisions under challenging circumstances using available data and your experience.
Internally, you will collaborate with other Scout staff to align the New Projects team’s operations:
- Facilitate the engagement of internal development, interconnection, origination, procurement, construction, legal, accounting, and finance teams.
- Integrate the feedback of Scout team members into your project approach to achieve superior results.
- Establish team and organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures in line with the overall business plans and objectives.
- Implement long-term company strategy and initiatives related to wind and solar project development.
- Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones.
You will join the New Projects team, reporting directly to the Director of Development. You will work in parallel to other Directors who have responsibility for later stages of project development, sharing knowledge and providing support as needed. Your team will include two Senior Project Developers and two Associate Developers, all of whom will provide support to the early-stage projects included in the New Projects portfolio, allowing you to advance your projects more efficiently.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college program.
- 5+ years of wind development experience.
- Knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale wind power generation development and marketing, with considerable experience leading early-stage development.
- Leadership of growing teams, demonstrating team member development and achievement of financial and other operational goals.
- Extensive knowledge of interconnection process, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility procurement goals, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects in the U.S. energy markets.
- Strong understanding of U.S. power markets and transmission system.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers for renewable energy projects.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written, verbal, and presentation format, to project teams and to senior management.
- Ability to recognize development opportunities and identify and evaluate risks related to renewable project development.
- Prior experience with or interest in expanding to development of utility-scale solar projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a flat organization, successfully leveraging the expertise of multiple colleagues in different lines of reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Earth.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Willing and available to travel significantly as needed (approximately two trips per month).
Characteristics of Successful Scout Team Members
- Integrity. Ethical professional who does the right thing even when it is difficult.
- Initiative. Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Intelligence. Perpetual learner with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared team goals.
|Job Type: Full-time
||Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
|Job Location: Boulder, Colorado
||Required Experience: Wind Energy industry
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: www.scoutcleanenergy.com